Thursday, May 29, 2008

My original poetry- What do you think?

Pedestrian


I take a step into the street

as cars whiz by.

And I should look before I cross

but I’m not going to

until after I step.


Then

at my steely glare

the cars slow

and stop at my feet

like trembling iron monsters

forced to make

an embarrassing submission.


Five deliberate steps

and pause

at the double yellow lines.


A thundering red mountain of existence

accelerates

and passes inches before my face


If I reach out

I could caress death

with my fingertips.


I step again

before the thing has passed.

and a new line of cars

cowers at my presence.


I shudder,

and revel in primal ecstasy

like my ancestors

after killing

the mammoth.


-Craig Decker ‘08







Ode to a Grilled-Cheese Sandwich


As cold rain pours outside

kindergarten to college

You fill my soul

with warm cheesy goodness.










Lint

Pocket Lint

Blissful, Heavenly Fluff

Comforting, Soft, and Gray

How Did You Get

Way Down Inside

My Pocket,

Lint?